12172 JACKSON ROAD
DEXTER, MI 48130
AGENCY MEMBERS: City of Chelsea | Dexter Township | Lima Township | Lyndon Township | Sylvan Township
FAX: (734) 475-4409
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. I want to start a building project (such as a Pole
barn, deck, etc.), what do I do first?
2. Do I need a building permit for a roofing job, siding
replacement, or a window replacement?
3. Do you accept credit cards?
4. What is the phone number for the Washtenaw
County Health Department?
5. How many sets of drawings do you need for plan
6. How long does it take to receive my building
permit after I apply for one?
7. When I schedule an inspection, how long does it
take to get one?
8. If I have questions about set backs off property
lines who should I speak to?
1. The first step is to contact your township to discuss zoning issues.
2. Yes. After contacting your township, print out an
Instant Building Permit App and submit it.
3. Sorry, No. We can accept cash or a check.
4. (734) 222-3800. If you need more information:
here is a link to their web site.
5. We need two (2) sets of drawings when plans are
6. Under normal circumstances, the permit can be
issued the next business day.
7. Under normal circumstances, the inspector can do
the inspection the next business day.
8. Those questions should be referred to the township
where the building is located.